Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Preserving flowers?

I guess I didn't state this right the first time, but thank you all for your answers. I covered a flower in Vaseline and hair spray and then wrapped it tightly, but nicely, so you can still see the flower in Saran wrap. I did this once before when I was in 3rd grade with leaves, and the collection stayed just like new until I was in 10th grade and my cat ripped the saran wrap and air hit the leaves. I do know because leaves and flowers are different, it might be a different case. Can anyone help? Thanks!



Preserving flowers?

If you have access to a laminating machine, you can seal the flower(s) permanently in between laminating sheets.



Preserving flowers?

I'm familiar with two methods of preserving flowers or leaves.



1) silicone ~ can get it at any craft store



2) old fashion way of sticking it in a book



Preserving flowers?

You have probably already heard of these solutions since you've already asked this question before.



You can hang them upside downf to dry.



Spray them with a special silicone spray that is offered in plant stores.



Or press them between a heavy book.



All 3 work for me.



Preserving flowers?

you can cover flowers in cat litter and they will dry but the colors do not remain true. roses can be buried in table salt and they keep their color. buy a small flower preserving kit and look at the ingredients in the drying granules and make your own preservative.



Preserving flowers?

Depends on the plant/flower.



I have hung roses upside down in the closet for a month and they preserved beautifully - still with color.



I have pressed flowers in books. Sometimes they will mold so be sure they are very dry and you use papertowels.

No comments:

Post a Comment