Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fur residue from Faux Fur...?

I am in a school group, and we got all of these faux fur squares and are selling them as flags for our homecomming game (we are Tigers, and the fur is tiger spriped). The fur is kind of cheap, and becuase of this, when you weave them, they have all this extra fur that falls off into the air. I havew tired to wave it alot of get it all of,f but more and more just falls off. I do not fear that all the fur will fall off and the flag will be bare, btu I am worried that it will fall of and look cheap. Any tipes on what to do to stop this excese fur from fling off. Would hair spray work? I am open to any ideas!



Fur residue from Faux Fur...?

Clear nail polish works, but since you're probably doing a lot of these, check a fabric or craft store. They sell sprays that stop fabric from unraveling and will probably help with this. Ask any employee at a fabric store for more ideas. Hair spray would only be a temp fix, it would get rubbed away or dissolved if it rained.



Also, if you have to cut the squares for any reason, just make a starter cut and tear instead of cutting, causes less lost fuzz.



Another option if you have a parent or friend with a sewing machine and a lot of patience, ask them to stitch along all the edges.



Fur residue from Faux Fur...?

Kyleth....above me gave an excellent answer on which I cannot improve. I was going to say the exact same thing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment